“S.L.V. Saw Mills & Wood Industries,” established in the year 1916, by a great businessman & Philanthropist Mr. Venkataramana Setty of Hunsur town, in Mysore District.
During the pre independence period the trade was done with the co-operation of Mr. Peter Hay a Britisher. Mr. S.L.V. Lakshman Gupta the second son of Mr. Venkataramana Setty took over the reign in 1941. Until 1945 the timber logs were transported to Hunsur from forest by bullock and buffalo carts and later they started using modern means of transport. He was known his business acumen and was a great entrepreneur. In 1955 he rechristened the saw mills at Hunsur as S.L.V. Saw Mills. He realized that there lay a great market in f Bangalore that was waiting to be tapped. Thereafter he started a branch in the name of S. L. V. Saw Mills & Wood Industries, at Mysore Road, Bangalore in the year 1962.
In 1962 the business was taken over by Mr. H.L. Nagendra Gupta and Rama Murthy the Sons of Mr. S.L.V. Lakshman Gupta. Presently Mr. N. Vinay Gupta, M.B.A. is leading the business operations. As a techno savvy entrepreneur he makes great use of technology to leverage the enterprise in order to meet the world standard. Under his dynamic leadership the organization has grown many fold not only in traditional Logs and Cut - Section business but also into various businesses in Furniture and customized wooden products. Among his clients are various National and Multinational Companies across the globe. Most of the machines and equipment in the fabrication unit are sourced from leading manufacturers of national and international standing.