wood seasoning plant
Kiln Dried Wood 250/- ONWARDS
|Material Loading Capacity||CUSTOMIZED|
Wood Drying is the process of reducing the moisture of the wood before its use. Wood needs to be dried in order to use it for commercial purposes; be it in construction or even using it as firewood, moisture content makes usage of wood difficult.
There are a number of reasons why wood has to go through the process of drying
- The dried timer is lighter and therefore transportation is easy.
- Dry wood has good machining, gluing and good working properties rather than wet wood.
- The electrical and thermal insulation properties of wood are improved by drying.
- Wood drying is important to avoid decay of wood or any fungus growth, which might spoil the wood and makes it difficult to use.
- Drying process also increases the strength of the wood.
SOLAR DRYING: This is a very eco-friendly method of drying wood in a kiln. It gives advantages like abundant energy availability, easy to build and operate and can be operated with direct as well as indirect solar energy. Such kilns can be used for even a small scale operation. There are 2 types of solar drying methods namely direct collection/greenhouse and indirect collection. Under both types, there are 2 different procedures for drying i.e. direct method and solar with the supplementary method.
VACUUM DRYING: Vacuum drying is a process of high-temperature drying achieved through low temperatures. The process of vacuum drying is achieved by lowering the boiling temperature of water to be vaporized and removed at temperatures below 212oF. The difference between vacuum kiln drying to other processes is the procedure in which heat is transferred to the lumber.